Thursday, August 03, 2006

Follow up

This morning I went in to see the doc again. He says everything is fine and advised against any real exercise or heavy lifting for several months, which means I am going to lose any muscle mass that I ever had which sucks hardcore. It was kind of a whirlwind visit and I barely had time to get my questions out. I did find out that there is a 98% chance that the cancer will not come back (pretty good odds) and that I only need to get a chest x-ray and bloodwork every month and a CT scan every 6 months for the next year (then it goes to every two months for the second year, every 3 months for the third year...). The docs told me not to worry about the residual pain in my groin, that it is normal (which is good news). I get off the diet on Saturday and was advised to ease off of it, which is a little disappointing because I am really craving red meat at this point. Also I have to avoid alcohol for a few weeks and can't go swimming for a month (which is basically the only time I'd want to go swimming, the weeks that I am in Florida. Overall it was annoying news, but obviously not bad news, especially considering other news that doctors have given me this summer.

Otherwise, I am feeling fine. I am getting more and more energy every day. I walked several blocks last night with no problem. I'll actually be in Florida in about 24 hours for the big wedding(s). I'm going to go see the kids from work tonight at a "Goodbye Dinner" put on by the firm. So off goes the pre-pubescent facial hair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moody said...

Thanks, Dave. I agree, she's been asking for a dry hump!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home