Sunday, July 23, 2006

HOME

A lot has happened since my last post... the biggest thing being that I am now home. I actually was released last night around 6. I had no idea it was going to happen until yesterday morning. Originally I was slated to leave sometime Monday. Then, since I was progressing well the doctors said maybe Sunday... but I still though Monday because I didn't want to get my hopes up. So it came as a surprise yesterday morning when my doctor said: A) I could eat some real food (at least as real as fat-free can be) and B) that if I kept it down I could leave that evening. So I accomplished letter A (FF oatmeal with lots of honey to mask the horribleness, some banana, a bite or two of awful canned pineapple) and the doc complied with letter B.

So here I am. I've got some Vicadin (fun dreams), some Colace (if you don't know, consider yourself lucky), and something else that I barely know what it is but take obediently (Soma?). I've eaten a variety of foods: Frosted Flakes in skim milk, FF blueberry muffins (pretty darn good), some salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, and egg whites, blueberries, jelly beans, a baked potato w/ FF sour cream and chives, FF Fig Newtons. I write them all out to let you know how much fat-free and edible (if not the most flavorful) foods are out there. I've got to keep this diet up for two weeks and it shouldn't be as bad as I originally feared (which puts it in line with most of this whole surgery process). !!OVERSHARE ALERT!! Now I've just got to focus on getting this stuff back out the other end. Hello Colace and prune juice!

Overall I'm doing pretty well. One of my biggest concerns right now is that I hunch over like an old man, which is obnoxious and hurts my back. Hopefully I'll start to straighten out soon.

One more note: I haven't shaved since before the surgery (more hair on my chin than on arms and belly). Unfortunately, I have the facial hair of a twelve-year-old-boy so I've got a creepy little moustache, a goatee of sorts, and four hairs popping out of each cheek. Combined with my quasi-uni-brow, which grows ever more unified by the unplucked day, and my relatively new penchant for making odd faces, I'm a pretty weird looking dude. Apologies for a long description with no picture, hopefully I'll scare someone into taking one soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keropok said...

My friend,

Its so heartening to read your blog - especially since mine goes on endlessly about the small things that mater little in life, i.e. sports.

I'm inspired by your courage, candour and your philosophical outlook on life.

I wish you well. A spirt like yours can conquer anything.

God bless.

From Malaysia,
Keropok (which means cracker)

Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger scafidi said...

Hooray Malaysia! I've gotta start reading that guy's blog.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home