Thursday, July 20, 2006

Noche Cautro


OVERSHARE ALERT: This post is not for the faint of heart.

Today turned out to be a pretty good day. As I reported earlier, I had my catheter removed this morning and I have since been complemented several times on the volume and quality of my urine. It's odd what you get excited about in the hospital: piss, farts, and crap. Yes that's right folks, I had my first post-op BM. It had to be, um, encouraged with an incident I'd rather never mention again. Afterwards I just stood and stared at the wall for a few minutes in total shock.

I've also managed to walk around a bunch. This afternoon my mom and I went for a 3-lap walk (which immediately put me to sleep) and this evening my two rocks (Faith and mom) walked with me around for a few more laps. Faith did some lunges to stretch/entertain us.

Anyway, prognosis is this: tomorrow or Saturday I get ice chips, then the next day liquids, followed by non-fat the following day and then I'm free to go home. Hopefully I'll get the ice chips tomorrow so I can get home by Monday morning. TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger scafidi said...

Just so you know, all of my bowel movements since your surgery have been dedicated to you. There's an elaborate ritual involved with the dedication that's too lengthy to describe here; perhaps I'll show you sometime.

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Moody said...

Matt, I can't wait to see that ritual. I think you just pushed up my recovery a couple of days in anticipation.

Friday, July 21, 2006 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home