Monday, July 17, 2006

Night before surgery #2

So... that last post took me a couple of weeks to write. I went into more details than I meant to. Now I am 8 hours away from surgery #2. I'll later post the details of how I got to this point, but basically I'm getting and RPLND, which means my doctor tomorrow will cut me from sternum to just above my groin, pull out my digestive organs and go attack all of my lymph nodes in the area. Then he packs everything back in, sews me up and I recover and am hopefully cancer-free. Today was pretty crappy. I could only have liquids and had to take some laxatives for "bowel prep" and thus had a wonderful day of starving and horrible diarrhea. Anyway, I'm a little nervous about the surgery, but mostly just want it to be over with. If everything goes well, I'll be home within a week and back to Florida in a couple after that. Anyways, I'm going to try to get some sleep. I also want to say welcome, because this blog is going public as of 5 minutes from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home