Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day 2 in hospital

Surgery was yesterday. All went well. I was freezing and shaking when I cam out. I was pretty freaked out. They covered me with hot blankets and I warmed up. After a while I was moved back to my room where I was in and out of consciousness all night. I was told I had to go for a walk in the morning and dreaded it all night. Faith slept in a sleeper chair next to me and attended to me along with my nurse, Kim. Kim is a sweetheart. I can't have anything to drink (not even ice chips) so I have a little swab to keep my mouth relatively moist. Faith kept having to give it to me in the night. I went for my first walk this morning and it wasn't as bad as I had dreaded, although not really fun. I've been on 3 more since then. After the second I started to get very short of breath but my oxygen was high. My day nurse, Ellen (also really sweet) increased my pain meds so it wouldn't hurt as much to breath. Also I have a fun thing I have to breath into to keep from getting pneumonia ten times an hour. And then there's that stupid catheter!

So basically, I'm in pain, not liking walking, hard to get comfy, but being treated very well and feel better with every hour it seems. I know it doesn't sound it, but I'm in pretty good spirits, just a bit grumpy. This has drained me, so I'm off to lay down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home